Dates and Fees
Tuition at Hidden Valley in Maine is all-inclusive... There are no additional charges for the camp store, trips, laundry, insurance, etc; instead, all services are part of families' tuition. We charge only for bus travel to/from camp and optional horse riding lessons.
3 We have found this is the ideal period for children to explore program areas, develop lasting friendships and immerse themselves in community life.
2019 Camp Dates
• 1st Session: June 22 to July 18
• 2nd Session: July 20 to August 15
• 2-Week Introductory:
June 22 to July 4 OR July 4 to July 18 OR July 20 to August 1 OR August 1 to 15
Questions? Please call or email us anytime — Peter & Meg Kassen
2018 Camp Tuition
• 4 Weeks: $6,250
• 8 Weeks: $10,450
• 2-Week "Intro": $3,650
Tuition Reduction Possibilities
• Sibling Discounts: 10% for a second child, 20% for a third child, etc.
• Alumni Parents & Former HVC Staff: If you were here as a camper or counselor, your children receive 10% tuition reduction for 4- and 8-week sessions. (Alums registering "early" receive a 5% discount.)
• Public School Teacher / Fire Fighter / Police Officer: Your children receive a 10% tuition reduction. (If you enroll "early," you receive a 5% discount.)
• Early Enrollment Discount ($600 for 4-8 week campers) is available through Nov. 1st. (Can be combined with “sibling” discount; others - see above)
Initial registration is accompanied by a $1750.00 deposit. Full tuition balance due March 1.
• Send checks to HVC Office, 161 Hidden Valley Rd., Freedom, ME 04941
• Wire transfer available. Email us for details.
• Credit cards our bank accepts: Visa, MC, Discover & Amex. Parents can easily make payments through their Online Camp Account or by calling the camp office 9 AM - 3 PM most weekdays.
Counselors Talk about HVC
...It was great to see the children develop and grow into themselves over time. The love and compassion make such a difference. - HVC Counselor
...I liked HVC's inclusive atmosphere... I was proud of the way my cabin groups responded to others who had unconventional family setups or were from different cultures. They could have taught society a thing or two! - HVC Counselor
...Camp has helped me grow into who I am today... You gave me the chance to learn respect and responsibility while working with both children and my peers, and of course all in this beautiful environment. - HVC Counselor